Benefits of Dental Implants – Bloomfield, CT
The Superior Form of Tooth Replacement
If you have lost one or more of your natural teeth, we can help you replace them with a dental bridge or traditional dentures. However, we will likely recommend that you opt for dental implants instead. That is because dental implants offer more long-term benefits than alternative treatments. In fact, they are the next best thing to natural teeth.
Here are some of the specific reasons why you should consider dental implants as your top tooth replacement option:
- Since dental implants are anchored in the jawbone, they are extremely sturdy. Whether you are biting into a firm apple or enjoying a juicy steak, you can expect your dental implants to remain strong and stable.
- Maintain your facial shape. Some bone deterioration in the jaw naturally occurs following tooth loss. Over the course of months or years, the bone can shrink to the point where it affects the face’s shape. Because dental implants keep the jaw strong and whole, they can help you maintain your natural, youthful facial shape.
- Easy maintenance. The details of proper implant care will vary depending on the specific nature of your restoration. However, many aspects of caring for dental implants are just like what you would do to care for natural teeth.
- Natural appearance. Dental implant restorations are shaped and shade-matched to complement a patient’s facial structure and the color of the remaining natural teeth. They completely cover the implant’s metal abutment. No one will be able to tell that you were ever missing any teeth!
- The way your smile looks can have a direct effect on your confidence. A full set of attractive teeth may make you look younger, more approachable, and more successful.
- Dental implants can last a lifetime if they receive proper care. The restorations on top of the implants also have a long life expectancy. Although dental implants cost more upfront than traditional tooth replacement treatments, they last much longer and may actually present a better long-term value.
- Protection for the remaining natural teeth. The loss of even a single tooth can cause the surrounding teeth to drift out of place, leading to painful dental misalignment. A bridge can prevent dental drift, but placing one requires that a few of the remaining natural teeth be significantly modified. A dental implant prevents dental drift and allows the nearby teeth to remain intact.
- Flexible options. Whether you need to replace one tooth or all of them, dental implants may work for you. There are a range of different types of implant procedures, and we will customize your treatment to suit your unique needs.
- Predictable treatment outcomes. The success rate for dental implant treatment is very high — over 95 percent according to some studies! We will take every measure possible to ensure that you can be part of that happy majority.
Would you like to learn more about how dental implants may be able to benefit you on a personal level? Contact Family Dental Practice of Bloomfield to schedule your consultation.